Tortellini with Sausage and Mascarpone
May 6, 2020
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD: 6 servings.
• 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
• 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
• 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce with mushrooms
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
• Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
• 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through.
• 2. Drain tortellini, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Add tortellini to sauce and enough reserved cooking water to reach desired consistency; toss to coat. Stir in Parmesan cheese; dollop with mascarpone cheese. Sprinkle with chili flakes if desired.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC