The Museum Celebrates 50 Year Anniversary

 

Lura Pitman

The museum is a building that once was a Catholic school from the 1920's to 1950's. Many of the students were borders from out of town. The teachers were Ursuline Nuns, who lived in a house south of the school. The school was eventually closed due to lack of students in 1952. Twenty years later in 1972 the Museum bought the building. The Museum opened to the public the following year in 1973. The Museum isn't doing a huge celebration, but they are having a float in the parade, as well as being open all through the 4th of July Holiday. The Museum is always open from May 1st to September 30th...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024