Blend of the Bayou
March 10, 2021
My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me when I first moved to Louisiana. It's been handed down in my husband's family for generations. It's quick to prepare, nutritious and beautiful. I've passed it on to my children, too. —Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD: 8 servings.
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
• 4 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 celery ribs, chopped
• 1 large green pepper, chopped
• 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, dr...