Homemade Confetti Cake
October 14, 2020
This is a moist and fluffy vanilla cake with lots of sprinkles and a whipped vanilla buttercream. It's almost impossible not to feel happy when you see the fun pop of rainbow confetti! - Courtney Rich, Highland, UT
Prep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
The Best Birthday Cupcake Recipe You’ll Ever Make
• 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1-3/4 cups sugar
• 3 large eggs, room temperature
• 3 large egg whites, room temperature
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups cake flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
•1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
• 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
• 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
• 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
• 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
• 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
• Soft pink paste food coloring
• Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, then egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in sprinkles.
• Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
• For buttercream, in a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add cream, vanilla and food coloring. Beat until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Frost top of cake with frosting, and top with additional sprinkles if desired.
1 piece: 823 calories, 47g fat (26g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 97g carbohydrate (75g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC