Roundup Record Tribune & Winnett Times -

The Arcade

 

August 5, 2020

Lura Pitman

A long, long time ago in good ole Roundup, a Miner named Charlie Thomas along with Curlee Mihalovich, built the building that would become the Arcade bar. Arriving in Roundup in 1908, Charlie worked for a spell in the No. Three mines, perhaps building up relations with his future customer base. He then started up three bars, one of which was the Mint, and finally the Arcade with his compadre Curlee. As fate would have it, they had hardly begun the new bar when the doggone prohibition came into effect. Not to let it stop his great plans, Charlie and Curlee transitioned the bar to a "soda fou...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 11/30/2020 21:01