Root Beer Pulled Pork Nachos
July 29, 2020
I count on my slow cooker to do the honors when I have a house full of summer guests. Teenagers especially love DIY nachos. Try cola, ginger ale or lemon-lime soda if you're not into root beer. -James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min.
Cook: 8 hoursYIELD: 12 servings.
• 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
• 1 can (12 ounces) root beer or cola
• 12 cups tortilla chips
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• Optional: Pico de gallo, chopped green onions and sliced jalapeno peppers
• 1. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine pork roast and root beer. Cook, covered, on low 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
• 2. Remove roast; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; keep warm.
• 3. To serve, drain pork. Layer tortilla chips with pork, cheese, tomatoes and optional toppings as desired. Serve immediately.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC