Reminder: Income Taxes Due July 15
June 24, 2020
As Montanans look forward to summer, the Montana De¬partment of Revenue has a re¬minder: Federal and state in-come taxes are due July 15.
“Montanans have handled a lot in these past few months, so I thank all those who have already filed their returns,” said Gene Walborn, director of the Depart¬ment of Revenue. “For those who haven’t, this is a good time to make sure you have your tax information available and find any help you may need to file.”
Filing electronically is the easiest and most secure way to submit your return, and is the quickest way to receive any refund due.
This year, the department has a new way for Montanans with simple taxes to file their state in¬come tax returns online, quickly and for free. MT QuickFile is now available for Montanans who:
• Were full-year Montana resi¬dents in 2019;
• Only have income documented on W-2, 1099-DIV or 1099-INT forms;
• Are filing as single, head of household, or married filing jointly;
• Are taking the standard deduc¬tion;
• Are not claiming any tax credits (other than the Elderly Homeowner/Renter Credit.)
Montanans who meet all these criteria should check if they can use MT QuickFile, available at MTRevenue.gov.
To avoid delays in receiving refunds, all Montanans should keep their mailing address cur¬rent with the department.
For more information, visit MTRevenue.gov.